skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Off Topic Tunnel Vision

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KIOWA
    Participant

I really can’t say who I am and I can’t say that Susan collaborated with me on this because some may think there is some inappropriate activity. No Jeanne, not that. Anyway I was thinking of how to get to Canada to see Greg and since I don;t have a passport and I don;t even have a port pass, that I could easily dig a tunnel under the border. Susan, who shall remain nameless had some thoughts and one was I believe making the tunnel somewhat less boring than most so we thought of putting up such things as portraits, photos, etc. She and I agreed that ours would not be included. Of course Jeanne, Kit, Eddie, MarySue, Jack, and all the rest of our family would have their on display. Now the question was what to name the tunnel. Lassie and Bullwinkle were ruled out early on. I though something that had to do with time or time travel or geophysics would be cool. Anyway we came up with the name and it is???????? “The Gregarian Era”. Proper and fitting don;t you think.

Synonymous

marysue
    Participant

If you really want a trip to the “Great White North” get a passport already! It is much easier than digging a tunnel; although wait! I don’t know about the US but in Canada (at least in Calgary) it can be the equivalent of digging a tunnel by the time you get all the pictures, money and paperwork together, stand in line until hell freezes over. If that is the case maybe the tunnel would be warmer and cheaper. I know I don’t make any sense. I haven’t had my tea this morning. That is tea Ki, as in Chai or Red Rose not short for tequila. But yeah, a visit to see Greg would be good and the name of the tunnel…I can’t go better than that.

marysue
    Participant

Oh, I forgot to mention….In the winter the tunnel might fill in with snow so unless you plan to tunnel in the summer…..

KIOWA
    Participant

I guess it would be best to get a passport. It took my wife about ten days to get hers when she went to Europe two years ago. It’s really unfortunately that we now need to get passports to go to a country where there as always an open border. Snow? I don’t like snow. But I’m sure I can handle it. all I ever wear around here is shorts and T-shirts and sneakers. All year. So that could be culture shock. When I was in Grad school though I had to live in the Northeast for a while, as in Boston, for my internship. Not doing that again!. Paying a lot of money and working your butt off only to have to live in a place that is tense, racial, cold, snowy, icy, rude, etc. etc. Not happening again. But Canada, I can handle that. And I would do it for Greg for sure. I guess I should get a passport then. I’ll have my dogs discontinue work on the tunnel.

Ki

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.