skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marty L.
    Participant

I first had surgery for bladder cancer in spring 1999 in Regina, SK.
    For the past 10 years I have been a patient of Dr. Kishore Visvanathan, Saskatoon, SK.
    Since my initial surgery in ’99 I have had some spots cauterized while having my semi-annual checkup.
    As well today for the third time I had surgery where I was Anesthetized for him to do bigger spots.

Reading some of the comments on the site, I feel very lucky that he is able to keep it in check.

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

Hi Marty

Sorry you have been battling this disease for so long. Have you had any treatments along the way? Do you know the grade of bladder cancer you have had in the past. Happy to hear you are happy with your doctor.
    All the best,
    Jack

cheryl9
    Participant

Hello Marty

Visvanathan did my first cysto and was the honored one to tell me bladder cancer is confirmed.

Visvanathan is the one that connected me to BCC Canada. He sent a letter and poster to all bladder cancer patients about the BCC walk.

Awesome office of doctors he is with. I have been through four of the doctors simply because they wanted to get surgeries done as soon as possible. Awesome that there are no turf wars in that office.

Great to see that I am not the only one from Saskatchewan posting!

Take care
    Cheryl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.