skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Raising Awareness National Volunteer Week

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

This week is National Volunteer Week. Without volunteers, Bladder Cancer Canada could not function. And we have some awesome volunteers who dedicate a tremendous amount of time and energy and love into this mission, this passion, this service to others.

David Guttman our chairman and Jack Moon our president work tirelessly and at great personal cost to themselves and their families. And yet their spouses and families support them wholeheartedly and are themselves very dedicated volunteers.

We who are the beneficiaries of your vision, your insight, your dedication, your selflessness and your devotion say [strong]THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS.[/strong]

And to every other person who volunteers in a myriad of ways to this great organization for the benefit of so many others whom you will never meet, but who will never forget you – [strong]THANK YOU[/strong]. You are making a huge difference in the lives of so many!

marysue
    Participant

Thank you for your kind words Greg. As a volunteer I never give it a second thought. I just see it as a “pay it forward”system. I received help and support when I desperately needed it. Now that I have regained some sense of normalcy (when is life ever normal anyhow?) I just pass it on. It does feel good to help others. It helps give you a sense of purpose and direction not to mention how good it feels when you realize the person you are helping feels better for what you said or did and they actually tell you so. That is the part that I find so amazing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.