skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My bladder removal & prostrate removal is complete, ( Sept 24th )recovery has been relatively easier than expected. Mentally still a work in progress, my recovery, according to professionals’ is amazing. Looking forward to continued improvement to get back on track. Many questions yet to be answered as each day presents a new discovery.

cheryl9
    Participant

Hello Jim

Good to hear your recovery is going so well. Even though, mentally, you are still a work in progress great to read how you look at each day being a new discovery. Mental attitude is everything and still one of the few things one has control over.

“I like living. I have sometimes been wildly despairing, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” Agatha Christie

For those that don’t know who Agatha Christie is: very famous mystery novel writer. Lots of people die in her novels.

Remember to take those deep breaths, hug those you love and spend time with those that are close to you. When you learn to laugh again you will be on the road to full recovery.

Take care

marysue
    Participant

Hi Jim!

Welcome to Bladder Cancer Canada and as I always say, the site that no one wishes they had to belong to. I’m glad that you are making an excellent recovery. However that being said, as you’ve discovered there is the mental, psychological side to all of this and the work for that often occurs after the physical because things often happen so fast that you don’t have time to truly understand and digest the whole experience until much later.

Even though I didn’t have to have my bladder removed, getting away with BCG treatments it still was a mental haul understanding the whole process. I found the mental stuff tougher than the physical. However that being said I did a lot of self help stuff and feel that I’m a better person than seven years ago when this journey with BC started. I would obviously have rather learned what I did through other means than dealing with cancer but it is what it is and now I can use my lessons learned to help others which gives me a great deal of personal satisfaction.

I don’t think (others can correct me if I’m wrong) that there is any other disease that strikes as much fear in a person as being told they have cancer. It is getting past this that is the key to healing in our journey. All the best going forward. Keep us posted. (((((HUGS)))))

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.