skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Off Topic Know Who To Call

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marysue
    Participant

I would like to ask if there is any way that BCC could promote awareness of who to call for what when it comes to dealing with BC?

As a peer support person, I have often been asked medical questions and of course I suggest to them to check with their doctors as I’m not qualified to diagnose, advise on treatments and the like because I’m not medically trained.  I do explain that myself and others that have BC experience can only make suggestions based on our experiences. We offer emotional support and understanding.

Some people that call seem to think that peer support folks have all the answers.  Most are understanding when you explain the reasons but some seem hurt and that you are turning them away.

Thoughts?  (((HUGS)))

Nightingale
    Keymaster

Hi MarySue,

I feel that what you have described is the best course of action.  This is a difficult question to answer since our Health Care System is so burdened already.  I am guessing that all the experts are extremely busy providing care or education in a formal sense.  Let’s see if anyone else has an opinion or knowledge about whether anything exist along the lines of what you’ve outlined.

My Best,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.