skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bernie & Bonnie
    Participant

Hello,
    My husband Bernie has just been diagnosed with muscle invasive bladder cancer. It came as a shock to us! Right now we are hoping to go the bladder preservation route… but we’re still processing. We’d like to hear from anyone who has gone this route and also, if anyone has gone the neo bladder route after radiation. Bernie has a scope on January 31 to determine if there are any more tumors and to check to see if the bladder is healthy enough for preservation.
    Bonnie

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

Hi Bonnie
    Sorry your husband is diagnosed with muscle invasive bladder cancer. I still have my bladder diagnosed with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer in 2005.
    Below is a link to the BCC patient guidebooks. I would recommend you read both Bladder Preservation and Patients Facing Radical Cystectomy.
    You will find that normally if the patient does qualify for bladder preservation and does have radiation, then neobladder option afterwards would not be recommended.
    Hopefully many of our members will share their experiences with you and Bernie.
    We are all hear to assist and support you and share our experiences.

http://forum.bladdercancercanada.org/en/facing-bladder-cancer/guidebook

Jack

Bernie & Bonnie
    Participant

Thank you, Jack. This is Bernie now. I have a scope on January 31 to see if there are any more tumors and to see if my bladder is healthy enough to be considered for bladder preservation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.