skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Newly Diagnosed With Bladder Cancer Doctors and Bladder Cancer Centres

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hrudy
    Participant

Underwent TURBT a week ago and am awaiting pathology report. Trying to be proactive and finding out some info about the best doctors and Cancer Centres to go to.  Does anyone have info about the best Cancer Centres to go to for specifically bladder cancer care? or the doctors with the best reputations?

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

Hi hrudy

Below is a list of BCC Medical and Research Board members. Just click the link below. They are all highly recommended for bladder cancer. Depending on where you live, hopefully one of them is not far away.

All the best,

Jack

Forum Moderator

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Jack Moon.
    StephenB
    Participant

I was lucky to have had Dr Kassouf perform my radical cystectomy. I’ve been told he is one of the highest regarded surgeons in Canada specializing in bladder cancer. And if you can get a referral to see him you should jump on it asap. Good luck.

StephenB

StephenB

Gord
    Participant

Hi hrudy

I live in Cambridge, and was diagnosed with Stage 2 muscle invasive bladder cancer in 2012. My local urologist said he would not treat me locally, he wanted to send me to either Toronto or Hamilton. He referred me to Dr Bobby Shayegan at the McMaster Clinic at St Joes in Hamilton – he was excellent, and I am really pleased with the care I received.I had all my chemo at Juravinski in Hamilton, and then my Rad Cyst  at St Joes, also in Hamilton. I have a neobladder. I highly recommend a 2nd opinion by someone who sees more than a few of cases like ours each year. 6.5 years cancer free now. I found that it was important to be my own best advocate and pursue the kind of treatment where I wanted to receive it. All the best as you pursue the best path forward.

Gord

swilson
    Participant

Hi hrudy,

Dr. Robert Nam at Sunnybrook in Toronto is also an excellent BC surgeon. He did my neobladder quite successfully.

Stephen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.