skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Coeur51
    Participant

Qui a eu carcinome in situ (cis et comment il l’on détecter?

Merci

Coeur51
    Participant

Who has had carcinoma in situ (cis and how is it detected?

Coeur51
    Participant

Personne?

marysue
    Participant

Hi Coeur51:

I have had bladder cancer 3 times.  I was first diagnosed in 2008 and then again in 2010.  Both of those times were papilliary tumours.  In September 2022 I discovered that I had carcinoma in situ.  All three times my bladder cancer was confirmed visually with the cystoscopy exam which is a camera that is inserted up the urethra to see the inside of the bladder.  This is the most common way to confirm the presence of bladder cancer.  Doctors can also have you do x-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs etc. depending on the situation.

After surgery to remove the tumours the samples were sent to pathology to be confirmed as to type, stage and grade of cancer.  As mentioned, this time it was carcinoma in situ.  CIS is usually a flat reddish coloured tumour.  Mine was very early and a yellow tan colour.  Unfortunately it can be more aggressive than the papilliary tumours so it is important that you follow your doctor’s advice for any recommended follow up treatments and checkups.

After my September surgery my doctor instilled a chemo drug called Epirubicin in my bladder.  He recommended it because he felt it was necessary to eliminate the possibility of the tumour reseeding itself.  I am now in the middle of BCG immunotherapy treatments as a followup to help stimulate my immune system to hopefully prevent the cancer from coming back.

I hope that my information helps.  Please let us know if you have any other questions.  ((((HUGS))))

Coeur51
    Participant

@mary sue merci beaucoup de votre réponse//

Nightingale
    Keymaster

Hi Coeur51,

In my case, I first became aware of the possibility of Bladder Cancer when I discovered small blood clots in my urine.  I was in Florida in the summer and had just completed a 5 k run.  I went to the toilet and noticed these small dark specs – the blood clots.  When I returned home, I happened to take part in a 5 k race on a very warm humid day and after the run, I had to pee really bad.  When I went to the toilet, all I saw was blood, there was no clear urine.  From there I made an appointment to see my family doctor who immediately got me into see a Urologist and it was confirmed I had low grade non-muscle invasive bladder cancer.

I am a 13 year survivor.

My best,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.