skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Monthly Treatment Calendar Calendar for November – Who is up for tests, surgeries and treatments?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    marysue
    Participant

Hi Everyone:

I know this is early but I’m going to be very busy for the next week or so with my niece getting married next weekend and all the outlaws and in-laws visiting from out of town. So let’s wish, hope and pray for all clears and successful outcomes for tests, surgeries and the like. Take care all.

Gord
    Participant

I have my 2.5 year CT scan and bloodwork the first week of Nov, and a follow up appt with my favourite urological surgeon later in the month. Hoping for and expecting continued cancer free status.

Gord
    T2a January 2012
    RC/Neo June 2013

shelties
    Participant

Hi Gord, fingers crossed that all is okay and you get the “all clear” with your follow-up. I know that we all experience some anxiety coming up for scans and blood work, etc. so we know where you’re coming from, but fingers and toes crossed. Let us know how it goes for you.

Lorraine

Susan
    Participant

My annual appointment with my urologist/surgeon earlier this month and good news – 4 years since my ileal conduit surgery, and all looks good.
    My anniversary each year is Thanksgiving weekend. Very meaningful reminder that I have much to be thankful for.

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

Congrats Susan, Fabulous news!!
    Hugs,
    Jack

Rob T
    Participant

cysto on the 23rd.

cheryl9
    Participant

Hello Marysue

Just having fun but can’t resist: my next cysto has been booked for December but no December topic has been setup!

Don’t worry, though. Way too early to start a December thread.

Take care

Rick B
    Participant

Great news Susan.

All the best to those scheduled to have checks, follow-up procedures, etc.

Thoughts and prayers to all…

Rick

DDep
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I was just informed that my 3 month Cystoscopy appointment (1st since TUR) is scheduled for November 18th.

Hope and pray it turns out well – Because, prior to getting the results ….

My 3 weekly BCG maintenance therapy (at 3 months), post Cysto, has also been scheduled starting December 1st.

I wonder whether that is good Karma?
    Is this how others on this forum had things scheduled?

DDep

cheryl9
    Participant

Hello DDep

Yep.

My next scope has already been scheduled for Dec 16. Currently in 3 week BCG.

Take care

Marie 1
    Participant

Hello to all.

I had a second TUR with low grade recurrence late Sept. No BCG this round but scope on Jan 5. Depending on outcome in Jan a treatment plan will be determined then.

Praying all will work out for me and to all on this forum who have tests or surgeries scheduled.

DDep and Cheryl it sounds that you are both in good hands.

DDep, it is great that you have BCG already scheduled regardless of the findings of your cystoscopy.

God bless
    Marie

auntybevy
    Participant

Great news Susan and to all having procedures or tests, I wish you the very best.
    Bev

auntybevy
    Participant

Cystoscopy on November 12th. A few months late due to my chemo. A BCG treatment on the 19th.

krbeave1@gmail.com
    Participant

I’m scheduled to start BCG on Nov.5 . I don’t know if it will happen because after almost a month post-TURBT I’m still having visible blood in my urine . I don’t know if BCG treatments when you have an only partly-healed bladder . I really want to get on with this .

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

Hi Krbeave1
    I recommend you speak to your Uro before beginning your treatments. Does not sound like your bladder has completely healed from your last Turbt. BCG treatments should not be started until your bladder is healed, and if you still have blood in your urine does not sound like it has healed yet. Have you been checked for a UTI which also can cause blood in the urine?
    All the best,
    Jack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.