skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Monthly Treatment Calendar Calendar for March 2016 – Who is up for Surgeries, treatments and tests?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    marysue
    Participant

Hi Again All!

February is half done already (where does the friggin’ time go?) and being that I’m going to be a really busy bee for the next few weeks I wanted to get this posted so I don’t forget. So let’s get our prayers and positive thoughts together for all those having stuff this month. March is my big month – all my eye exam stuff (appointments still to be booked) and my favourite appointment of all (NOT!) annual cysto on the 17th. (((((((HUGS)))))))) to everyone.

shelties
    Participant

Good luck on the 17th of March (St. Patrick’s Day) Marysue! I hope all goes well for you. Mine is the 25th of Feb. and I’m already having nightmares about it. Having just finished a round of radiation for my lung cancer, I’m not really looking forward to any more treatments for sure, and of course, I hate those cystos!

Best of luck!
    Lorraine

Rick B
    Participant

Wishing the best outcome on March 17th Marysue…you too Lorraine on Feb 25th.

Best wishes to all having something done in March…God Bless!

Rick

marysue
    Participant

Thanks for your best wishes everyone. I’m sure I’ll be okay. Lorraine, precysto jitters are normal and I sure get my share usually about 1-2 weeks prior. For me it’s more about getting through the procedure than worrying about seeing any cancer. I just absolutely hate that exam but it is a necessary evil to stay on top of things so I literally grin and bear it. Good luck to you with everything, I’m praying that you catch a much needed break.

bluebill
    Participant

Hello,

I have a CT scan on March 18th and a Cystoscope on March 30th. If all goes well 3 weeks of BCG staring in April.

Good luck to all with there upcoming treatments.

Bluebill
    T1HG

cheryl9
    Participant

Hello

Cysto on 29th. Sure looking forward to it and especially if it is my 3rd all clear in a row!

Things have been very quiet from my bladder and, other than the exhaustion, I literally breezed through the BCG maintenance treatments in January.

Remember: with each cysto it puts you back in the driver’s seat for attacking anything that may have been happening between cystos. Can’t get any better than that!

So please celebrate those cystos! They are almost like a birthday because they give you a new lease on life regardless of the results.

Take care
    Cheryl

stumblegirl14
    Participant

Best of wonderful wishes for “all clears” for those undergoing any treatment or cystos. I go for mine on March 22nd. Definitely not looking forward to it but it is the road we must travel. Good luck one and all.

Flo

Rob T
    Participant

TURBT number 5 on the 23rd.

KIOWA
    Participant

I don;t have anything going on in March. Next cysto is in June. My best to all of you have manipulations of the body.

Kiowa

Lianna
    Participant

Hello BCC community.
    Today I join my mother for her first scan results after her neo bladder surgery last July. She had an aggressive stage 4 cancer that was initially diagnosed and treated with BCG by some boobs in North Bay as stage 2. Dr Klotz in Toronto did her surgery.
    She has recovered well but received only one heavy shot of chemo as it was too hard on her kidneys.
    I am looking for guidance on what I can/should be doing during the results meeting. Of course I am there to support, extra pairs of ears, take notes etc…I would like to hear from those who have gone through this with a parent.
    Be well all.

Regards,

Lianna

marysue
    Participant

Hi Lianna:

Welcome to our site and I am sorry to learn what your mother has been through. I haven’t had to have my bladder removed but I’m sure that you will hear from others shortly. Failing that you can call Bladder Cancer Canada on the toll free number and ask to speak to a survivor that has had the surgery. They will get back to you in 24-48 hours.

Also, if you haven’t done so already, there is a wealth of information under the link “Facing Bladder Cancer” including booklets on bladder cancer that you can download for free. Hardcopies are available from Toronto for free as well.

As for follow up questions: the main topics should be about getting copies of and understanding any test results so you get a clear picture of where your mom’s health is at right now and also questions regarding her prognosis and follow up tests, treatment protocol. You may want to consider bringing along another trusted party to doctor’s visits as well as an extra set of eyes and ears. This is especially important if your mom is frail and not able to take in information very well. There will be a lot to consider for the future weighing the pros and cons of any choices. Quality of life will most likely be the biggest issue.

Another thing to consider is psycho-social counselling if you, your mom or others in the family are struggling in any way related to dealing with her cancer. A loved one’s diagnosis particularly when serious affects us more than we know. Even though as mentioned I haven’t had my bladder removed it was still a very tough journey on myself and my family so I can honestly say “Been there, done that”. Best wishes and feel free to stay in touch and ask questions. Let us know how it goes. ((((((HUGS))))))

krbeave1@gmail.com
    Participant

Hey All! Three more BCG installations starting in a week. I’ve scheduled a meeting with my urologist in April, I want to know what my care plan for the future will look like. Kinda sucks to do more treatments so soon because I’m just starting to feel pretty good again. I’m sensitized to BCG and the side reactions, well, I gotta do what I’ve gotta do. I could get used to feeling good again.

stumblegirl14
    Participant

Quick update..went for my scope yesterday & as I suspected due to blood in my urine a few weeks back..tumors are back. Surprised to receive a phone call this morning to go for pre-op as my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed that all goes well. Not the way I planned to spend my Easter but the sooner those little bu**ers are out the better I’ll feel. So Happy Easter everyone..

Flo

krbeave1@gmail.com
    Participant

Just a quick update; my latest BCG treatment has gone surprisingly well. I don’t seem to be having reactions any near as severe as the last go-round. No complaints there. There are only two more to go so here’s hoping it keeps being mellow.

shelties
    Participant

Hi Flo, good luck for tomorrow and you’re right, get those little so and sos out of there. Take the Easter weekend to relax and take a much deserved break.

Krbeave, great to hear that your BCG treatments are going reasonably well this time around. Fingers crossed for the last two coming up.

Happy Easter everyone!

Lorraine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.