skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Monthly Treatment Calendar Calendar for July 2019 – Who is up for Surgeries, Treatments and Tests?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    marysue
    Participant

Hi Everyone:

Summer is approaching.  Hopefully the fire and flood situation that has plagued various parts of the country will subside and we can enjoy decent weather and relax for a bit.  I also want to send best wishes and positive thoughts and prayers for those that have “stuff” this month.  Please keep us informed of your progress.  ((((HUGS)))) to all.

Rick B
    Participant

Nothing for me…wishing everyone having surgeries, treatments & tests the very best…stay strong, positive…God Bless!

Rick

AndreaG
    Participant

Last of my first 6 BCG treatments tomorrow, scope July 11 !

LLTrippe
    Participant

After first BCG six-week session completed, cystoscopy indicated return of cancer so I had endured my eighth TURBT last week (one resident claims he is tired of seeing me). Oncologist/urologist indicated next phase will involve chemo (gemcitabine). Awaiting pathology results at the moment … Nighttime incontinence continues; now afflicted with occasional daytime ‘surge’ incontinence. Okay, I know it’s not a July Calendar entry but thought I would attempt to sneak a question in: anything I should know about gemcitabine as a treatment?  Regards to all ….

Swani
    Participant

I will be starting Gemcitiabine soon and would like to hear from anyone who has undergone and has comments

Miki
    Participant

Hi, had my first TURBT with TURP May 24th and went a couple of days ago to the follow up with my surgeon who said the words you don’t want to hear from your surgeon: “I gotta go back in there” … so I signed the forms for another TURBT & TURP combo and took my place in line and currently I am in search for someone to blame … just so that I feel better … eventually decided to blame the government, we blame them for everything (more recently with cause) also for the weather, so why not the government?

marysue
    Participant

Hi Miki;

Welcome to Bladder Cancer Canada but sorry that you have need of us.  As for blaming the government, I don’t blame you with the nitwits that run both the USA and Canada right now but that is just my opinion. All opinions aside, it is normal to feel anger at a diagnosis like this.

When I was diagnosed in 2008, it was on top of a very tumultuous decade of one thing after another and I was really fed up with everything.  When I got overwhelmed with anger one day not long after my diagnosis,  I went down into my basement and took a bat to an old pillow and beat the **** out of it.  I was alone and could let loose with cursing, swearing and just being a complete maniac.

I also let loose by writing my feelings down.  I found a couple of old left over school notebooks from my kids and just sat down and wrote down everything and anything that I was mad at.  It didn’t matter how accurate it was.  No one else was going to read it.  Once I was done I had filled two notebooks and I felt a lot lighter.  I then destroyed the notebooks so that no one would be hurt by what I wrote if they read it.

After that I resorted to exercising.  Walking, biking and swimming relieved a lot of stress and anger.  I later took up yoga.  I think that the long and short of what I’m trying to say is sure be p***** off at the government if you want but find healthy ways to let out the anger and frustration.

It is okay to be angry.  It is a normal part of the emotional cycle with a cancer diagnosis.  One of our board members Val Macleod wrote an article a few years ago calling a bladder cancer diagnosis “The Roller Coaster of Emotions”.  And it is true – we go through different stages of shock, anger, depression, and finally acceptance.  Some people will swing back and forth between the different stages.  I was one of those.  Hope that you feel better soon and best wishes for a successful redo of the TURBT and TURP.  ((((HUGS))))

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.