skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Monthly Treatment Calendar Calendar for February 2016 – Who is up for Treatment, Surgeries and Tests?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    marysue
    Participant

Hello again everyone!

We’re into the second month of 2016 already. Is it me or is time actually going by faster and faster? Anyhow, February is nearly here…There was considerable action on a lot of fronts for people in December and January. Let’s send positive thoughts and prayers for successful tests, all clears, surgeries and the like for February. May those that have done stuff already have speedy recoveries. Nothing for me for this month. (((((HUGS))))) to you all.

DDep
    Participant

Well yes, it is that time again …

I will have my 6 month Cystoscopy on Wednesday 3 February 2016.

Hoping for a “real” and “true” “all clear”. (N.B. Had some lumps and bumps the last two times. However, the Pathology reports of those last 2 TURBTs showed No cancer present. Even though they were Benign, I had to go through the Operation, Foley Catheter et. al. nevertheless. A real “pain”)

Once again praying for a real ALL CLEAR and no TURBT.

God Bless

DDep

marysue
    Participant

Best wishes for an “all clear” DDep!

DDep
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Not sure what is happening with the posts on the forum lately …

Anyway, I will re-enter my post of Monday 1 Feb:

I received a call from my Uro and my 6 month Cysto has been re-scheduled for Wednesday 10 February.

I also noted that Claude had written that he will have his post BCG induction follow-up Cysto on Thursday 11 February.

Praying for a true “all clears”

God Bless

DDep

mr.claude
    Participant

Since this is my 1st scope….any tips or info as to what I can expect? Anything I can do to prepare?

Thx,

Claude

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

Hi Claude

Not much to prepare for. The Uro usually will get a urine sample prior to the scope. He will insert a camera and you both can look around your bladder.
    Not more than a few minutes.
    You are one of the few people that has had a Turbt and BCG treatments before having a cysto. Good luck my friend.
    DDep good luck on the 10th.
    All the best guys,
    Jack

shelties
    Participant

Hi all, it seems that time is not racing, it gallops! Here we are in Feb. already. It seems like only last week that I was told my next cysto would be in 6 months and here we are – I’m scheduled for the 25th of Feb. However, I have had a lot going on too since then. I will have my last radiation treatment for lung cancer on Monday – my third recurrence. I can’t have any more surgery on that lung, so we’ll see where this goes. I’m hoping for an all clear on my cystoscopy. I don’t think I can deal with any more treatments for anything for awhile for sure.

Good luck for all having procedures this month.

Lorraine

Marie 1
    Participant

DDep, Claude and Lorraine. I will be thinking of you on your dates and praying for “all clear” reports.

God bless
    Marie

DDep
    Participant

Marie and Jack, Thank-you for your kind words, prayers and wishes.

Claude,

Here is some advice:
    I got a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) after my first Cysto. In order to help avoid a Urinary tract Infection (UTI), for a few days before you go for the Cysto, take some concentrated Cranberry Pills – twice daily. You can get these over the counter pills at a Pharmacy. Then after the Cysto, for the next week continue taking the Cranberry pills. Also, drink LOTS of water for 3 days after the cysto to flush things out and help avoid the UTI.

As far as the Cysto itself, I find the Cysto to be very routine. My advice is to think positive thoughts and RELAX … It makes it easy for the cystoscope.
    Try and “Let go” – I close my eyes take some slow deep breaths and put my mind and body as though I was relaxing in a hot bath. Focus on “Letting Go” of any tension.

HTH Claude. Hang in there buddy.

God Bless

DDep

DDep
    Participant

Well as February 10th draws to a close ….
    I can share some good news:

I had my first REAL (no bumps, humps or whatever) ALL CLEAR. No TURBT for a benign growth (I had two of those). No Foley Catheter. I am grinning with contentment. Next is BCG SWOG maintenance during the second half of March.

I am very grateful to all of you for your well wishes – In particular thankyou Claude, Marie, MarySue, Jack, and Cheryl for your thoughts. As I told Claude, I find them emotionally supportive.

I am very glad to hear all is progressing well with GerryW. I pray his recovery continues well.

Claude, well wishes for your Cysto tomorrow. Remember to drink LOTS of water for 3 days after the Cysto.

God Bless,

DDep

Marie 1
    Participant

DDep, wonderful news!! I am sure you will have a restful sleep tonight.

Just an FYI. The UTI I had has cleared up and my next cysto is scheduled for April 5th. Until then I will try to focus on only positive thoughts.

Thank you for all of your support and I wish you well during your upcoming BCG treatments.

God bless
    Marie

marysue
    Participant

Great news DDep and Marie! Glad to hear things are going well and also continued best wishes to Gerry W for a uneventful and speedy recovery.

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

Hi DDep

Fabulous news on the all clear! BCG = Bladder Cancer Gone

Hi Marie

So glad to hear that the UTI has cleared up, and I am such you are feeling much relieved.

All the best,
    Jack

mr.claude
    Participant

Woohoo!!! My 1st of many “all clears”!! Didn’t know what to expect on my 1st cysto, but wasn’t as bad as I imagined. Now I can relax for the next 3 months!

Claude

DDep
    Participant

Claude,

Really FANTASTIC NEWS ! I am elated … Great ! Great !
    It really does bring a tear to my eyes.
    Think about where we were and now where we are: Doctors were proposing cystectomies and we instead are getting another chance. It is still a roller-coaster journey but let us enjoy the moment.
    I am very happy for you buddy. When is your BCG 3 X 1 Week maintenance starting?
    Don’t forget – drink lots of water and take the Cranberry pills.

Marie,

So happy the UTI is gone. It is good to be positive !

God Bless,

DDep

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.