skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Off Topic Block or Stone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

Eleanor Roosevelt said: “A stumbling block to the pessimist is a stepping stone to the optimist.”

Is your bladder cancer a stumbling block or a stepping stone. I know for some of you it is actually a bladder stone, but that doesn’t count!

The Bladder Cancer Canada 5K Awareness Walk on Sunday is a real stepping stone to bladder cancer patients all over Canada. This stumbling block has become a huge stepping stone. Are you excited yet?

KIOWA
    Participant

Texans don;t get excited. Except my wife. She’s spastic most of the time. But with reference to blocks and stones I have to wonder why bricks and sand volcanic ash are not included. OK, forget about that. But I see my BC as a stepping stone to being a more understanding, tolerant and loving person who has more compassion and empathy. Of course it is already well known that I am cute and lovable.

Kutey Kiowa

marysue
    Participant

Seriously, I have learned so much with this journey it can’t be measured. However that being said I wish that I could have learned the same stuff through a different route.

KIOWA
    Participant

I can think of some other routes but Most of them I think of are worse than cancer.

Kiowa

Greg
    Participant

I agree with Kiowa. Which in itself is worse than cancer.
    Greg

marysue
    Participant

I wish that we were all like sponges and could just soak up what we are supposed to learn and not have all the trauma and drama to go with it. Although I would expect you two to say that would be too boring.

KIOWA
    Participant

I’m sure Greg will have a rather spongy comment on that, Marysue. Speaking of sponges, my mother used to give me “sponge baths”. That’s what she called them. But she used a towel. Towels are not sponges so I have to wonder about that. I think I was little when she did that. I hope I was. We were rather poor at the time, but I didn’t know it and it helped me get through college because I had to live on french fries a couple of times a week and unless my friends fed me that’s all I had but I was used to that. Does this have anything to do with Sponge Bob. And who or what is Sponge Bob? I hear that all the time. Sponge Bob? Maybe it should be Sponge Greg or Sponge Marysu or Sponge Jack.

Kiowa Sponga

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.