skip to Main Content
BCC_Discussion-Forum-Page-Header-new

IMPORTANT: The Bladder Cancer Canada discussion forum is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. The opinions & contents in this forum is for information only and is not reviewed by medical professionals. They are experiences & opinions of patient members like you, and is NOT intended to represent the best or only approach to a situation. Always consult your physician and do not rely solely on the information in this site when making decisions about your health.

Homepage – Forum Forums Off Topic Belly buttons

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    KIOWA
    Participant

OK, I can’t stand it any longer. Well, I guess I could stand it longer but I really have to know why belly buttons are called belly buttons. Seriously, they do not look like buttons. I tried to use mine as a button on one of my shirts. Didn’t work. Too flabby. So, surely someone knows how they got that name. Greg probably knows. Whether he’ll tell us or not is another story. But come gang, face it, that’s a silly name for an anatomic (or is that atomic?) body part. Wait, aren’t all body parts anatomic? I’m so confused.

Kiowa

Jeanne
    Participant

Because they tried a zipper first ,,,talk about pain! So after tries of many things….Belly thumbtack, belly paper clip, belly glue.
    Someone said “Let’s try a button”.
    Well that didn’t work either..so they gave up, sewed it together and someone irritated with the whole thing said, “Name the ^%$%^& thing a belly button and let’s get on with naming other parts.”

Meanwhile, God was watching all this in disbelief.. ” I hope making humans isn’t going to be as bad an idea as it looks like.”
    And he moved on to another constellation.

KIOWA
    Participant

Oh, I thought maybe he moved on to another body part. But I can understand why he would move on to a constellation but those would be the organ group. So is a penis an organ or is that something else? And why is there only one?

shelties
    Participant

Oh my, this is getting complicated, but a good chuckle. Kiowa, my understanding is that a penis is an organ, but then, that information came from someone who, like you and I, didn’t have a clue either. As to your questions as to why there is only one; I wouldn’t know because I don’t even have one!!! Perhaps someone with a better explanation will come along and enlighten all of us. I can see where this is going. We need Greg to weigh in on this.

Have fun with it guys and gals.
    Lorraine

marysue
    Participant

Okay, I will add my two cents worth…here’s a quote from the late Robin Williams that I just saw on Twitter; “See , the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time.” So, Ki, that answers the question about confusion. If you aren’t getting enough blood to the brain while your using your penis for one or more functions and vice versa if your brain gets the blood and the penis doesn’t…well I think you get the picture.

Jeanne
    Participant

Because there wasn’t enough room for two, so he consolidated the functions . I really haven’t inspected it as close as I should .
    Pretty clever , if you ask me .
    And it isn’t an Organ. An organ is a musical instrument to play at baseball games.

Jack Moon
    Keymaster

They play the organ at hockey games too Jeanne. But they use a puck instead of a ball, and do not have a 7th inning stretch.
    Jack

Jeanne
    Participant

Oh yeah, I forgot. I had a friend involved in a fight and a hockey game broke out.

KIOWA
    Participant

Well thanks Marysue. I am no longer confused, I’m scared!

But I still don;t understand why there can’t be two, I mean there are two, pucks. And I have seen swinging penis at hockey games. Or maybe I was delusion at the time. Or maybe not. But seriously, the body is symmetrical, two ers, two hand, two testi… you know. So why one nose, one pee pee etc. Makes no sense to me. Unless it’s a pollution control things. thank god for an off topic because sometimes I just need to be off topic. And believe it or not we do have hockey in Texas. And I have actually seen what Jack mentioned. A game broke out at a fight. I also (for real) saw a game that had more fight time than hockey! Seriously. I love hockey. I mean can you get better than legalized clubbing? I even played hockey, that’s how I died. Good thing I died before I got bladder cancer. And where I am I going with this and who started this? Geesh! But heck, we even got a response from our best buddy Jack!

Kiowa

EddieM
    Participant

I really don’t know why Ki but one thing I have learned via my parents is that if you unscrew your belly button, your bum will fall off!

I never touched my belly button as a child for fear of losing my back side. It was traumatizing.

Bruce
    Participant

I don’t know why but I just had mine take out!!!! Good riddens! Best thing I did! My kids think it is weird but it gives me so much freedom without it! No more leaky bags… no more threat of cancer coming back in it! It is GONE! 😉

KIOWA
    Participant

Oh, I get it now. So it holds your butt on and also acts as a power outlet, an HDMI port, a UBB port, and a phone charger. But still, there should be tow. thre should be a cup holder. The next time I carve a Halloweeny pumpkin I am going to install a belly button. Ever wonder why witches can;t have children? Their husbands have hollowweenies. OOps. I’ll bet this gets censored. Bad boy Kiowa, bad boy!

Hey gang, no replies to my hidden forum post. I am devastated!

Kiowa

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.